Apple yesterday held the iPad launch event successfully and they have brought everything we have been hearing about. The all new iPad is just awesome with every possible feature. The Dual Core Apple A5X chip, Retina display and many more exciting features are included in the new iPad. Along with iPad, Apple also announced iOS 5.1 and Third Gen Apple TV. iPhoto is something we were not aware of. It is a new iPhone app which is also launched in the event. iPhoto changes the way you view, edit and play with images on your iDevice. But unfortunately users of the First Generation iPad/iPad 1 will not get the taste of this app. It is officially available for new and iPad 2 variants only.
But not to worry, we have a trick to get iPhoto on your First Generation/iPad 1 . iPhoto is available in the App store for a price of $4.99. First you need to buy and download iPhoto on your PC from Apple App Store and then download and install iPhone Configuration Utility. Now follow the steps below.
How to install iPhoto on First Generation iPad/iPad 1
- After downloading the apps I mentioned above, launch iTunes and connect your iPad to Sync with it.
- Now launch iPhone Configuration Utility and click on the option “Applications” on the left side.
- After this click on the “Add” option at the top left corner and locate iPhoto from your Hard Drive.
- Now that you have connected your iPad, you will be able to see the name of it appear just below Applications and under the hood “Devices”.
- Click on the name of your iPad and search iPhoto from the list of applications that will appear on the right side.
- Once you find iPhoto in the list, simply click on it and select to install. After a few moments iPhoto will be installed successfully on your First Generation iPad/iPad 1.
iPhoto when installed on your First Generation iPad/iPad 1, works fine until you connect it next time to iTunes and Sync. The error message will pop up ” This computer is not authorized for apps installed….”. To get rid of this headache, there is only one way. Just ignore it and select cancel option every time you see the error. Other than this you will not face any problems. So now you can enjoy the magic of iPhoto on your First Generation iPad/iPad 1 also.
Note: You do not need to Jailbreak your First Generatipn iPad for this trick to work. But you need iOS 5.1 as iPhoto is compatible with iOS 5.1. So make sure you have iOS 5.1 before continuing. Other than this there is no other requirement to install iPhoto on First Generation iPad/iPad 1.
Also you can follow the Author of the article for more updates at Twitter, Facebook or Google Plus.
- Apple Announces Third Generation iPad, Apple TV & iOS 5.1
- How To Install iOS 5 BETA 5 On iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
- Direct Download Links For iOS 5.1 For Your iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS / iPad & iPod Touch
- iPad 2 Price Drops To $ 399 for the 16GB WiFi-only model
- How To Download And Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch