LG Optimus 2X has finally got the update of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in Korea and the KDZ file of the firmware update is available for download from LG. Since the firmware is of the file format KDZ you have to update your LG Optimus 2X to Android 4.0 manually using KDZ updater. And so we have this tutorial to help you out with the updating procedure.
The tutorial is applicable for LG Optimus 2X SU660 and not P990.
But before we go ahead with the procedure let me inform you that we do not guaranty or take the responsibility if any damage caused to the device while updating. You can proceed on your own risk. The tutorial is applicable for LG Optimus 2X SU660 and not P990.
Note: Before updating the device please make sure to take a complete backup of the device. Data on your SD card as well as on your phone needs to be backed. So that if anything goes wrong, data remains safe with you.
What you need to install update:
- LG PC Suite
- KDZ Updater
- Android ICS Firmware (Built V30x)
- Download LG PC Suite
- Download KDZ Updater
- Download Optimus 2X SU660 Korean version .kdz file (~540MB)
How to Install Android 4.0 ICS on LG Optimus 2X SU660
1. First download the all the files from above link, then install the LG PC Suite from the downloaded files or you can copy it from the SD card also. Once you have finished the installation,cancel the PC suite Setup as it is not required, LG PC Suite is basically required for your Smartphone drivers.
2. Now turn on ‘USB debugging’ on your phone, if you want details instructions then read this post, otherwise quickly go to Settings>>Applications>>Development and Enable USB Debugging.
3. Disconnect all other unnecessary peripheral and exit all running application from your pc, also Disable ‘LGE Virtual Modem‘ from your pc Device Manager. If present, Right click my computer, select Manage>device manager> modems> check if any ‘LGE Virtual Modem’ is present or not, if present , then right click and disable it
4. You can choose to move all the apps from Phone memory to SD card, unmount and remove it. Also take a backup of everything before proceeding any further.
5. Now extract the KDZ Updater (KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z) downloaded file and double click on the msxml.msi file click next>next and finish the installation this is just a dependency.
6. Now finally double click the ‘KDZ_FW_UPD.exe’ from the extracted ‘KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z’ file folder.
7. Chose TYPE =3GQCT & PhoneMode = DIAG from respective dropdowns.
8 . Now browse the downloaded ‘V30A_00.kdz’ file (~540MB) and press the “Launch software update’’ Button.
9. The flashing process will begin now, and you phone screen would turn to blank after several seconds, after that your phone will enter in emergency mode. KDZ updater will also update you about the progress using the onscreen progress bar. You can also check the log windows below the “Launch software update’’ button, the process will finish when the log windows will display this “=FINISHED=”
10. Wait for the phone to Boot for sometime,wait atleast 5 mins,if the phone doesn’t boot by self, manually power on the phone.
After booting, you will know yourself the phone has updated or not just by look of screen, if you still wants to confirm then goto setting>> about phone>> check the android version. It should 4.0.4.
comment below to let to us know about it.
- LG Optimus 2X SU660 in Korea gets Android 4.0 ICS Update
- LG Korea confirms Android ICS Update for LG Optimus 2X
- LG confirms Android 4.0 ICS update for Optimus Black, 2X, 3D, LTE and Prada Smartphone’s
- LG Optimus 2X Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update Releasing
- LG Optimus Black P970 gets Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update India