RedSnow, one of the most well known Jailbreak Tools by the iPhone Dev Team has been updated for iOS 5 too using Mac as well as Windows PC. As of now no Untethered Jailbreak is available for iOS 5 meaning that you will have to connect your device to the PC to boot into the Jailbroken state.
This Jailbreak will work for the following devices :
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad 1
- iPhone4 (GSM)
- iPhone4 (CDMA)
Here is the step by step tutorial for how to do it :
1. Download the iOS 5 beta version by using your Apple Developers account. This version is available for download from Apple Developer Connection or the iOS Dev Center.
2. Update your device to iOS 5 using iTunes 10.5 Beta. This Redsnow Jailbreak can break into this too. You can download iTunes 10.5 Beta from here.
3. Download the latest Redsnow. Now direct Redsnow to the iOS 5 Beta Firmware.
4. Now check “Install Cydia” and any other option which you want to be available.
5. Now switch off your device but too keep it plugged in to the Mac otherwise this Jailbreak wont work.
6. In this step you will get instructions of how to boot your device into the DFU mode. Just press and hold your “Home” and “Power” button for 10 seconds. Now release the “Power” button but hold your “Home” button for 10 seconds more.
7. Thats it, its all done now. Redsnow will perform all the modifications and notify you when its all done.
Now this is a tethered Jailbreak and if we go by the news then the untethered version may not be available anytime soon. So while Jailbreaking just click on “Just boot tethered right now” and enjoy !!!!
If you are using a career unlock phone then don’t use this Jailbreak or the default iOS 5 firmware as it will break your unlock.
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 6 Using RedsnOw For Your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad & iPod Touch
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 5 On iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch
- How to Jailbreak iPod Touch, iPad and iPhone safely
- How To Install iOS 5 BETA 5 On iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
- Clear Annoying Badge Notification’s Using BadgeClear for your iPhone, iPad & iPod