After such a long wait the chronic dev team finally decided to bring us the tool and released it for public yesterday. The tool is all set to do Untethered Jailbreak on device’s running iOS 5.1.1. It took really long time and effort for the team to test and make a perfect Jailbreaking tool and it’s finally here.
Absinthe 2.0.1 can do untethered Jailbreak on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPod 3G and iPod 4G running iOS 5.1.1. The team has made it really simple to use and it has a very user friendly GUI. Jailbreaking iOS 5.1.1 is like eating a cake with Absinthe 2.0.1. The tool can only Jailbreak devices running iOS 5.1.1, so if have not yet updated to the very latest version then go ahead and do so. Previous versions of iOS will not work out with Absinthe 2.0.
So without any more delay I would continue with the tutorial which will show you how you can get Untethered Jailbreak on your device running iOS 5.1.1, but before that kindly follow the instruction below to make you are on a safer side if anything goes wrong while the process of Jailbreak.
Instructions to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1
- Make sure you have a complete backup of your device before running the Jailbreak process.
- Update to iOS 5.1.1 if you haven’t yet done so, because Absinthe 2.0.1 can only Jailbreak devices running iOS 5.1.1. Fresh installation is recommended.
- Remove any Passcode if you have set.
- If you have tethered Jailbreak then you do not need use Absinthe 2.0.1. To get Untethered Jailbreak use Rocky Racoon Untether 5.1.1 which will convert your Tethered Jailbreak to Untethered.
iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPod 3G and iPod 4G
Step 1: Considering you have followed the instructions above, now Download Absinthe 2.0.1.
Step 2: After the download is complete unzip the compressed files to your desktop.
Step 4: Now open the folder where you have extracted the downloaded compressed file and run Absinthe 2.0.1 Tool. Absinthe has a very cleaner interface and is quite simple to understand. It will show up with welcome text and then in center a “Jailbreak” button. If the button is not clickable then it means the device is not connected.
Step 6: Do as it is directed. Click on the Jailbreak button and the process of jailbreaking will get started. And after a while your device will get a successful Jailbreak. Note that while the process is going on, your device might behave as it is doing a restore. But not worry simply stick with the process.
Step 7: After the process of the Jailbreak is completed you will finally get to see the very much known and loved icon of Cydia on your iDevice. This will confirm the successful Jailbreak of your device.
I must say the chronic dev team has worked really hard to make the tool for us with such a user friendly interface. It’s like a one click tool to do a Jailbreak. No clicking next next next. So I hope you enjoyed reading the tutorial and were able to do untethered jailbreak of iOS 5.1.1 on your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPod 3G and iPod 4G. Stay tuned for more updates and tutorial. We’ll be back soon with more stuff related to Jailbreak.
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Untethered Using Absinthe
- iOS 5.1.1 / 5.1 Untethered Jailbreak Will Not Work On iPhone 3GS & iPod Touch 3G
- Absinthe A5 : The Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Released
- Jailbreak Your iOS 5.0.1 iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Untethered Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Untethered On Linux Version Of Absinthe [Tutorial]