I know you have been waiting for a long time to downgrade your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 5.0.1/iOS 5.1 or from iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1. After accidentally or knowingly updating to very latest version of iOS and then realizing there is no Untethered Jailbreak of the version many users were waiting to downgrade their device in order to get the Jailbreak. And now finally after the release of redsn0w 0.9.11b1 it is possible to do so.
Note that to downgrade you must have SHSH Blob of the firmware you are willing to downgrade to on your PC. If you do not have the SHSH Blob saved then following the tutorial is a waste of time. The Redsn0w 0.9.11b1 is available for Windows and Mac users. You can download from the link below. So let us begin the process.
How to downgrade iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 5.0.1/5.1 on iPhone 4S, iPad 2 using Redsn0w 0.9.11b1
2. Now connect your iPhone 4s or iPad 2 to your PC.
3. Now Open the Redsn0w 0.9.11b1 and click on the option “Extras”.
7. Now you will be prompted with other 2 options Local Restore and Remote Restore. Local restore will use the blobs saved in your PC and Remote Restore will ye the blobs saved in Cydia.
Now after you have selected the desired option, it will automatically stitch the IPWS file and the SHSH lob and finally the process of restoring the firmware will begin. After a while the device will be successfully downgraded.
So that was a complete tutorial on How to downgrade iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 5.0.1/5.1 on iPhone 4S, iPad 2 using Redsn0w 0.9.11b1 and you can follow the same to get the downgrade. The downgrade will sure help you to get jailbreak on iPhone 4S and iPad 2. Do let us know if you are successful in the task above.
- Redsn0w 0.9.11b1 to downgrade iPhone 4S, iPad 3 and iPad 2 Firmware released
- Redsn0w To Get Feature To Downgrade iPad (3rd Gen), iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and Restore Without iTunes
- How To Downgrade iOS 5.1 To iOS 5.0.1, 4.3.3, 4.3.5 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 5.1 To iOS 5.0.1 On iPad 2 And iPhone 4S [Coming Soon]
- How To Downgrade iOS 5.0.1 To iOS 4.3.3 For iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2/1[Tutorial]