A couple of months ago we witnessed the launch of the new iPad along with iOS 5.1. The version is now run by many iDevice’s users who are really not interested in jailbreaking their device because some well known hackers are still not able to provide us with the untethered Jailbreak of iOS 5.1 and we hope to witness the same soon. Now getting on to the topic, Apple has released iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch which offers various bug fixes that were noticed in iOS 5.1.
To start with the fix Apple has improved the reliability of HDR option, bugs in Airplay video playback and some more. Bug that makes the new iPad switch between 2G and 3G networks has also been addressed by apple and fixed. Syncing Safari bookmarks and reading list is now more reliable with iOS 5.1.1. The below list will give you a complete list of changes in iOS 5.1.1.
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
You can also download iOS 5.1.1 from the direct download links given below. Other methods to upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 form iOS 5.0.1/5.1 is OTA by heading to Setting > Software Update or by connecting your device to iTunes. If you are already running on a Jailbroken iDevice then it highly recommended that you do not update to iOS 5.1.1 since there is no clue of iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak. But if you do care for the same then just go ahead and upgrade your device to iOS .1.1.
Download iOS 5.1.1 for
- Direct Download Links For iOS 5.1 For Your iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS / iPad & iPod Touch
- How To Downgrade iOS 5.1 To iOS 5.0.1, 4.3.3, 4.3.5 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch [Tutorial]
- Download Official 2012 IPLt20 App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now
- iOS App for Top Banks Worldwide for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
- How to Install SiriPort 1.5-0 on iOS 5.1 in your iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad and iPod Touch 4G