Archos G9 series tablets are getting the 4.0.6 firmware update to get the bug fixes, remember the 4.0.6 is the firmware version and not the android version which it still 4.0.3.
Don’t know why archos chose to have confusing firmware version, but anyway let it be. The firmware 4.0.6 update fixes the general bugs and improves overall performance of the tablets.
Archos 80/101 G9 tablets 4.0.6 firmware update changelog
Version 4.0.6 – May 3rd, 2012
- Wi-Fi: fix more disconnect cases happening on some access points
- GPS: increase stability of GPS
- HDMI: do not propose overscan setting when TV supports underscan
- muSD: improve reliability of card insertion detection
- muSD: fix read/write permission issue occurring with some applications
- Applications: fix platform reboot occurring sometimes after a while when using high CPU demanding applications
As listed above the firmware fixes some important bugs such as frequent disconnection of WI-FI over some AP’s, with the improvement in the stability of GPS
This update is hoped to solve some major problem encountered till now, any more bug fixes can be released in the next update rollout, which we hope will happen very soon as archos is very frequents with the updates of this tablets
For this update, it is provided OTA through WI-FI or 3g connection, to save some bucks head over to nearest WI-FI access point.
- MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update 1.5 released: Solves Unexpected shutdown
- Latest Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 Fixes iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Bugs
- Nokia 5530 XpressMusic Gets OTA Firmware Update v40.0.003
- How to Update Nokia 5530 XpressMusic to Latest Firmware v40.0.003
- Asus announced Android 4.0 Ice cream Sandwich update for their Tablets