The iPhone Dev Team popular jailbreak tool Redsn0w has been updated to version Redsn0w 0.9.10b7 for an untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1. While we all are waiting for an Untethered Jailbreak and an update of the popular tool Greenpois0n Absinthe the Redsn0w has been updated with even new features.
The Redsn0w is also promised to have some very interesting features in the coming updates. MuscleNerd has also notified that the next Redsn0w update will come with built in support for restore and hence we would no longer need iTunes to restore our device. This release also brings the much awaited Corona A5 jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2, as long as they are running iOS 5.0.1. Users can also re-install jailbreak if they have by mistake uninstalled their jailbreak.
The Redsn0w can also efficiently stitch custom firmware bundle which can also be updated in Cydia. The latest Redsn0w also notifies when your iPhone 3G has a vulnerable baseband boot loader or whether the iPhone 3GS has an old exploitable bootrom.
For full change-log head straight to Dev Team blog and read update no two. While running the Redn0w in Windows be sure to make it run in Administrator mode.
- Jailbreak iOS 5.1 iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Semi UnTethered Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b6 [How to Tutorial]
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch With Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 / Corona
- Latest Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 Fixes iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Bugs
- Absinthe A5 : The Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Released
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Untethered Using Absinthe