Well our good old LG Optimus S is finally getting the taste of gingerbread. Sprint has decided to re pushed the android 2.3 gingerbread update to fix most of the remaining bugs.
This update will be pushed tomorrow ie 4th april, which should gracefully upgrade your phone from froyo (if you’re still are on it) to android 2.3 gingerbread. Or if you are already on gingerbread then the update will increment the update number to LS670ZVJ.
Sprint LG Optimus S Android 2.3 Gingerbread (LS670ZVJ) update details
- Updatename – LS670ZVJ.
- Update size – N/A
- Update mode – OTA
- Installation time – 5-10 minutes.
- Download time – 4G or Wi-FI – 10 minutes ,3G – 20 minutes
Sprint LG Optimus S Android 2.3 Gingerbread (LS670ZVJ) update details changelog
Device not charging
SD card unmounting error
Device not recognized by Windows SP, Vista, or 7 operating systems
Predictive text with Android keyboard issue
Voice call volume issue
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS upgrade
- Updated color scheme (includes darker notification bar and black-based menus)
- New on-screen keyboard (supports multi-touch input and a smart auto-correction function
- Improved cut-paste functionality
- New integrated download application for ease in accessing downloaded files
- Updated camera application
- Power management and task killer applications
As you can see this update not only fixes the general bugs but also provide many other enhancements and fixes
As earlier mention this update is provided OTA, so follow the below instruction to update your phone
From the Home screen,
Press Menu >> Settings >> About phone >> System Updates
Your phone will check for updates
If there is an update, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.