It has been more than eight week since the iPhone Dev Team and Chronic Dev Team together presented the world the Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5 devices powered by A5 processors. The newly launched iPhone 4S and the difficult to Jailbreak iPad 2 was given a complete Untethered Jailbreak by the popular Absinthe tool. Now after the release of the iOS 5.1 and the new iPad we are again waiting anxiously for the Dev Team to come up with yet another Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.1 for these devices and looking at the popular iOS Hacker pod2g’s Tweet account we can finally see the tool getting released but it wont be anytime soon.
French iOS researcher Pod2g, who had earlier developed the tool Absinthe along with the Dev Teams has currently Tweeted that he is actively working on the exploits and the public release will be soon enough but there is no ETA available. Earlier we had reported about the Untethered Jailbreak new iPad using three different exploits by iPhone Dev Team leader MuscleNerd, German Security researcher Stefan Esser and iOS developer Grant Paul. Hence we all do know that technically it has been done.
However making the tool available is a completely different thing as it might be illegal if not done in a proper manner. The iOS hackers have their device registered as a Developer Account and hence they enjoy a certain lower security restrictions and public devices with non developer account cannot be given Jailbreak using the same method. However we do hope that the Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.1 will be available as soon as possible.
- Three Exploits For The iOS 5.1 iPad 3 Untethered Jailbreak
- iOS 5.1 Untethered Jailbreak Coming Soon By Pod2g & His Team
- Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 is now finally available, but works only on Non-A5 chips
- Absinthe A5 : The Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Released
- Chronic Dev Team Releases Tool Of Mass Exploitation To Help Find More Exploits For Untethered Jailbreak of iOS 5