Motorola droid pro, the midrange smart phone is getting a small update ready for it, the update increment the build number of Motorola Droid Pro to 4.7.3, this update is not in anyway relates to android 4.0 ICS. So don’t get your hopes up
Verizon has titled the update as 4.7.3.XT610.Verizon.en.US, this update for Motorola Droid Pro is provided OTA, so you don’t need to connect your to pc.
The update will fix the most common and general issues of Motorola Droid Pro some of which include a fix to improve the keyboard backlighting and updates to V CAST Apps and VZ Navigator apps as well
Motorola Droid Pro 4.7.3 update details
- Updatename – 4.7.3.XT610.Verizon.en.US,
- Update size – 19 MB
- Update mode – OTA
Motorola Droid Pro 4.7.3 update changelog
- Improved security with DigiNotar security patch.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Device will no longer lockup or reset after an Over the Air update.
- Device will no longer automatically power on after it has been powered off.
- Pressing the spacebar key will no longer cause the device to lockup.
- Improvements to keyboard backlighting.
Email & Messaging:
- Smart Forwarding will no longer cause forwarded messages to remain in the Outbox.
Applications & Widgets:
- V CAST Apps is now updated to version 2.00.54.
- VZ Navigator® is now updated to version 126.96.36.1991.
How to update Motorola Droid Pro
As earlier mentioned the update is provided OTA, so you need to wait for server notification or you can initiate the update yourself by going to below options
From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > tap Settings > About phone > System Updates > Download.
Either way you will reach the update notification screen, where you get the screen with update available written. On that screen click “download” the update will begin downloading once the downloading is finish you will get a new prompt press install now on that screen, the update will begin installing. Once the update is finish installing, you will have your Motorola droid pro updated.
If you have successfully updated your phone then please comment below to share your experiences
- How to Root Motorola Droid Bionic, Droid2, 3, X, X2 and Pro
- Droid 2 Global gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update Again
- Motorola Droid 4 Images and some Specifiaction leaked
- Motorola Droid (HD/Spyder/Razr) Specifications leaked, will be faster than iPhone 4S
- Motorola Fire XT getting Android 2.3.5 update India