Few days ago we had reported hacker pod2g working actively to bring the Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.1. Few days earlier the famous hacker i0n1c also tweeted 5 more days until I will have a jailbroken “the new iPad” . Now to our excitement the famous idevice hacker has released pictures of iPad 2 running on iOS 5.1 (9B176) with Untethered Jailbreak.
The jailbroken iPad 2 Wi-Fi has Cydia 1.5 installed with many Jailbreak tweaks. These pictures have confirmed his earlier claim that he has already made an Untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 which has an A5 dual-core processor. Most importantly according to the claim of the hacker the Untethered Jailbreak for new iPad or the iPad 3 has already been prepared.
Stefan Esser a.k.a i0n1c, hasnt given any more details about the Jailbreak whether it is a bootrom exploit or userland but most likely it uses the vulnerability in LC_SEGMENT64. The jailbreak is also not certainly known as Untethered but most likely it is. Since it has been used on the iPad 2 it will also work on the A5 powered iPhone 4S.
Whether the jailbreak will also work on iPhone 4 / 3GS, iPad 1 and the iPod touch is still unknown. There is no ETA for a public release but we guess that the public release will only be available after the public launch of the new iPad which happens to be tomorrow. So keep visiting GeekPrison for instant updates.
- iOS 5.1 Untethered Jailbreak Coming Soon By Pod2g & His Team
- How To Fix Camera Roll Error On iPhone 4S & iPad 2 After Untethered Jailbreak
- iOS 5.1 Beta 3 Patches Untethered Jailbreak Exploit Corona
- Jailbreak Your iOS 5.0.1 iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Untethered Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9
- iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Untethered Jailbreak Releasing Next Week