Just moments ago Apple has announced the next generation all new iPad (yes… its just called as iPad ) . The all new iPad is priced very comforatably at $499 for 16GB & 32GB is $599 and 64GB for $699 for the Wi-Fi only version. For the 4G + Wifi version the pricing will be $629, $729 and $829. The prices are almost same to that of the iPad 2 which was earlier available at this rate.
While Apple has confirmed that the iPad 2 will continue but it has also dropped the prices considerably to gain a strong hold at the tablet industry which it already dominates. The iPad 2 WiFi 16 GB version will now be available for just $ 399 now which is almost $ 100 price drop. While the Wifi & 3G model will be priced at $ 529 for 16 GB.
The iPad 2 when launched was priced even lesser than the previous iPad version even though it had double the capacity. Apple with this move is trying to target cheaper Android tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Tab series. So currently Apple would be providing two models for the iPad and this is a very formula used by it.
The only string attached is that the iPad 2 will be available in only the minimalist memory version and i.e. the 16 GB version. As iDevices do not have the feature of expandable memory this can be a setback for those buyers waiting for the price drop of the iPad 2.
- iPad 3 To Have HD Facetime Camera & 8 MegaPixel Rear Camera While iPad 2 Will Sell For $399
- AirBlue Sharing for iPhone, iPod and iPad allows file sharing via Bluetooth and WiFi to any device
- Apple Announces Third Generation iPad, Apple TV & iOS 5.1
- Siri For iPad 2 : Coming Soon
- How To Get iOS 5 iPad 2 Gestures On iPad 1 Without Jailbreak