Live from the Yerba Buena Arts Center, where Apple is currently holding event for the new launches this month, it has been confirmed that the fruit company is launching a brand new version of iPad and the third generation of Apple TV. While along with many announcements Apple has also announced the release of the iOS 5.1 which goes public today and also has built support for Japanese.
iOS 5.1 & iCloud :
During the keynote Tim Cook, C.E.O of Apple had mentioned
“It’s simple, it’s elegant, it’s automatic, it just works.”
The online syncing tool for Apple devices is really working as now it has over 100 million active users. The iTunes will now support movies too. This means that now you can get back all the movies you had earlier bought using iTunes on your device right again and that too its at 1080p.
The iOS 5.1 which was also in beta stages till now has been pushed to a public release and now it also supports Japanese language.
Third generation Apple TV :
Just like many had predicted Apple has released the third generation Apple TV and it arrives with new UI and 1080p support. The brand new UI is simply gorgeous as described by Eddy Cue. This can now lead to the introduction of a dedicated, full high definition iTunes movie store, all credit goes to its new revamped internals.
Talking about the pricing and availability the third generation Apple TV will be priced at 99 $ and the deliveries will begin by March 16th. The pre-orders ??? Well, you can do that right away at this moment itself.
The All New iPad :
Now this is the real big news which we have been waiting for so long. The HD display tablet has finally been announced. Apple has sold more than 15.4 million iPad’s in the last quarter. This figure is just astounding and it surely defines Apple lead int he tablet industry.
“When we set out to create the iPad we set out to create not just a new product but a new category.In order to do that the iPad had to be the best device for doing some of the things that you do most often.”
There are more than 200,000 custom apps specifically for the iPad. Now talking about the new iPad lets head straight to the specifications.
Specification of Third generation iPad :
- 2048 x 1536 resolution Retina Display which is about 3.1 million pixels and 264ppi.
- A5X processor and Quad-Core Graphics Processor.
- Its 9.4mm thin, weighing 1.4lbs
- It supports HSPA+ for up to 21Mbps, and dual-carrier HSDPA for up to 42Mbps. LTE for max up to 72Mbps.
- Battery life also remains same at 10 hours, and 4G is at 9 hours.
- The new third-gen iPad now sports an 2MP front-facing camera and a 5MP rear-facing camera, allowing it to take far better pictures than its predecessor, and it also supports 1080p video recording.
- iOS 5.1 and also Siri Dictation to the iPad.
Pricing & Availablility :
The all new iPad will be coming in three varieties namely the 16 GB / 32 GB and the 64 Gb and will be priced at $499 for 16GB 32GB is $599 and 64GB for $699 for the Wi-Fi only version. For the 4G + Wifi version the pricing will be $629, $729 and $829.
Pre-order can be done right now and the deliveries will begin by March 16th.
For detailed review and more information keep visiting GeekPrison.com !!
- Apple Announces iPad 3 Event To Be Held At March 7 At San Francisco
- Apple Seeds iOS 5.1 Beta 3, Apple Working On Siri Dictation For iPad
- Is Apple testing iOS 6 on iPad 3?
- Apple To Begin iPad 3 Shipping To Customers By March 16th [Report]
- Will Apple Launch 8 inch iPad Mini To Compete With Android Tablets ?