VLC player, does that sound make a click, yes it’s the famous video player for pc platform which plays almost all video format with great ease, now it is coming for android as well, instead an unofficial beta has already made it way at the XDA forums.
VLC player is a great player for pc platform with huge support for playback of all video formats, it also support a variety of subtitles also.
But keep in mind this is an unofficial beta of VLC player with limited supported for certain processors only. So if you have a device with a any of a below processors then you are in for sure.
Processor support of Unofficial VLC player Beta
• Snapdragon S1 – ARM11
• Snapdragon S2/S3 – Cortex-A8/NEON
• Snapdragon S4 – Cortex-A9
• Tegra 2 – Cortex-A9
• Hummingbird – Cortex-A9 (Current gen. only)
• OMAP3 – Cortex-A8/NEON
• OMAP4 – Cortex-A9
Features of Unofficial VLC player Beta
• Gingerbread & ICS support
• Compiled using VLC-2.0 source tree as base
• VLC libs for media decoding
• Hardware acceleration support
• Headset detection
• Almost all media formats *should* be working (exceptDTS/MPEG2/Theora not implemented for now)
- Most important Enable “Unknown Sources” in order to install it,
- You should disable the hardware acceleration
- Set a fixed folder in the settings for fetching otherwise searching the huge memory will take too much time
• Download Unofficial VLC player Beta: VLC-20120227.apk for ARM11 processors
For more Cool Apps, News and other Tips and Tricks keep visiting GeekPrison.Com. For regular updates Like our Facebook Fanpage or Follow us on Twitter or follow on Google+.
- How to set a Video as your desktop Background
- Download Free Winamp Android Media Player app
- Direct Download MIUI Music Player For All Android Devices
- How To Download And Install iOS 5 Beta 7 And iTunes 10.5 Beta 7 Without A Developers Account
- Download iOS 5 Beta 6 for iPhone, iPod and iPad Without Developer Account