The iOS 5 does has the feature to Password Protect your device but if you wish to protect certain selective Apps and Tweaks with a password than it is not possible with the stock iOS. Also once the device is locked the regular routine of inserting the unlock code becomes so repetitive that at one point it becomes somewhat annoying. DisableLaunch is a Jailbreak Tweak which allows users to enable and disable your SpringBoard icons using simple activation methods like password protect.
The App is also customizable and you can toggle the activation methods by going to Settings app where you can change the activation code. There will be a primary option where you can enable or disable the entire tweak. So you can apply the added security measure whenever you wish to save your device from those nosy ones.
DisableLaunch is available in BigBoss repository in Cydia for free.
Since it is a Cydia Tweak, you need a Jailbroken device for sure and if you have not done a Jailbreak on your iDevice yet then check the below links.
For a step by step tutorial on How to Jailbreak your iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Untethered using the Absinthe click here.
For more information on how to Jailbreak your A4 device using Corona or redsn0w click here.
Also check our iPhone App gallery to discover more useful Apps.
- Control Your iPhone & iPad From Notification Center Using NCControl [Jailbreak Tweak]
- Jailbreak iOS 5 / 5.0.1 On iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad And iPod touch 4G Using Ac1dSn0w Beta 1
- Sara Dictation Adds Siri-like Voice-To-Text To iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
- How To Download And Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Using Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch