Just yesterday Microsoft had released the Consumer Preview of the latest flagship OS named Windows 8. Now much has been said and discussed about the latest Metro UI in the latest Windows 8. The new Metro UI is a completely new and re-imagined way of Windows. While there are many features which are simple and intuitive there are also many features and options which we have become so used to with previous versions of Windows that it seems tricky in Windows 8. One such function is to access the My Computer in Metro UI.
All Windows users are accustomed to access their local hard drive directly from My Computer icon on the Desktop or Start menu. While initially the Desktop wasn’t meant as a default place for the My Computer since the Windows XP but placing an Icon was very simple and Start Menu always had the shortcut for it. Here is a very simple method to do that.
How to place My Computer Icon on Desktop :
1. Right Click on the desktop and click on personalize.
2. On the Window that appears click on then Change Desktop Icons present in the left column.
3. On the dialog box that appears click on the Icons which you wish to place on the Desktop and click on Apply and OK.
That’s it !! A very simple method to place My Computer Icon on the Windows 8 Desktop and now placing it on the Start Screen will be even simpler.
Place My Computer icon on the Start Screen :
1. Once you have place the My Computer icon on the desktop just right click on it.
2. Now click on Pin to Start and your My Computer icon will be placed on the Start Screen.
You can also access My Computer by just searching the keyword from the Start Screen.
- How to get Windows 7 Start menu in Windows 8 [Registry Tweak]
- Now access cloud based Windows desktop on your iOS, Mac, Android, Windows and Linux devices
- How to Transform Windows XP to Windows 8
- How to Enable Classic Logon Screen in Windows 7
- How To Create Your Own Tile For WP7 Start Screen [Live Tile Now]