The rumors going down the net has been finally proven correct. Apple, has finally begun sending out invitations for the iPad 3 event to be held at March 7th at San Francisco, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. Now finally the rumor mills have been put to rest about the possible release date and yes its March 7th when we will see the third iteration of the iPad series.
We also had reports of iPad 3 being shipped to U.S from China from the Foxconn and Pegatron manufacturing units. Touted as the next big thing in the tablet segment many Apple fans are waiting anxiously and we can expect the pre-orders to be in millions.
Now lets go through a brief round-up of what we know about the iPad 3 till now :
- iPad debut of a Retina display being produced by Sharp with 2048-by-1536 pixels resolution.
- An A5.X or A6 quad core processor.
- 4G LTE connectivity supporting major carriers in U.S.
- A 5 MP or more a la iPhone 4S an 8 MP camera.
- iOS 5.1 pre installed.
We know how much secretive the fruit company is about its new products and the final technical specifications will only be available once after the official announcement by Apple. The new iPad is rumored to be a bit thicker than the iPad 2 but anyways we will love those extra mm’s.
So we are finally waiting for the final event Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, San Francisco. 6PM Central Time. Keep visiting GeekPrison.com for real time update about the event.
P.S : I really don’t know whether iPad 3 event would be a hit or not but on a lighter note I really liked the tag line mentioned on the picture above.
- Apple To Unveil iPad On First Week Of March
- Ice Cream Sandwich Release Event To Be Held On October 19th
- Apple Holding “Let’s Talk iPhone” Event To Announce iPhone 5
- iPad 3 with 4G LTE coming on March 7th, date confirmed
- Slightly Thicker iPad 3 In March, 4-inch Display For iPhone 5 And Thinner MacBook Pro Will Be Released Next Year [Report]