As the iOS keeps on getting more and more complex a software based unlock becomes a difficult possibility. While currently all iOS devices running on iOS 5.0.1 can be given Untethered Jailbreak but Ultrasn0w which is an Unlock solution developed by the iPhone Dev Team is compatible only with iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4 which are running a handful of modem firmware versions. Also new iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are left with no choice but to head towards a hardware based unlock.
We had earlier reported about TPSIM, which is created by a China based team of iPhone hackers. TPSIM which is still at the pre order stage has not yet been released to public and hence currently there is not even a single solution now to unlock iPhone 4S. Now we according to a new video posted at the ApplenBerry.com we will very soon have Gevey Ultra S unlock which can unlock GSM iPhone 4S.
In the video it demoed how Gevey Ultra S can unlock iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0 and 5.0.1 with modem firmware versions 1.0.11, 1.0.13 and 1.0.14. The tool also has low power consumption. Users who have been waiting for this can now book as it is also in the pre-order stage and it will be available to public between 3rd and 7th March. The Gevey Ultra S is priced at $54.99 which is very steep and hence we recommend our users to buy after the tool has been confirmed to work after the release.
Click here to pre-order Gevey Ultra S.
- How To Unlock iOS 5 On iPhone 4 / 3GS Using UltrasnOw 1.2.4 Or Gevey SIM
- Unlock iPhone 4S With TPSIM For Basebands 1.0.11, 1.0.13 and 1.0.14
- How To Unlock iOS 5.0.1 On iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 With Ultrasn0w Fixer
- How To Unlock iPhone On iOS 5.0.1 With Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 [Tutorial]
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered and Preserve Baseband With PwnageTool [Tutorial]