Well the guy at http://vulnfactory.org is really doing the job, already popular for rooting so many popular phones; Security Researcher Dan Rosenberg has now found a way to root LG Spectrum.
Dan Rosenberg is the guy responsible for rooting many Motorola devices, and other brand tablets, so his work is credible enough to be trusted.
So if you are LG Spectrum owner you should definitely thanks to him for bringing the root method to LG Spectrum, follow the below tutorial to root your phone
How to root LG Spectrum
1. First download the respective zip file from below link
2. You need to install LG ADB drivers
3. Now you need to put your LG Spectrum in USB debugging mode check this post
4. Now connect your phone to pc via usb cable
5. Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- Double click “run.bat” if you are on Windows or
- Double click “run.sh” from a terminal (on Linux/OSX).
Voila your LG Spectrum is now rooted,
If you have any issues you can contact Dan Rosenberg here, if you have successfully rooted your LG Spectrum then please share your experiences by commenting below