It seems that the whole world is busy making an efficient Siri clone. With the Siri being exclusive only to the iPhone 4S there is obviously a huge market for older iDevice’s and Android smartphones. Speaktoit, the best voice based assistant for Android smartphones has now been ported to work on iOS devices namely iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G and 3G and available in the official App Store for download.
Talking about the App Speaktoit, which was launched in October 2011 just along with the release of the iPhone 4S has been downloaded about 1.4 million times and is gaining an average 4.5 user rating in the process. The App was also mentioned in the New York Times as one of Top Ten Android Apps of 2011.
The App which is very popular in the Android Marketplace will now compete in the iOS App Store and there are also many other Siri clones available like Evi and Sara. The App acts as a personal buddy which is answering questions, looking up information, displaying maps, interacting with web services and converting things like currency and measurements. One of the interesting features of the App is that it has a person’s image talking back to you and not the purple circle. The voice based assistant has a face which makes it even more personified.
The interface of the App can also be altered according to your need. There are more than face available for you to choose.
Some of the important features of Speaktoit are :
- The Speaktoit app works on older iPhones and isn’t limited to just the 4S.
- Speaktoit lets you customize the app interface, so you’re not talking to a faceless circle.
- Speaktoit can search maps outside of the United States of America.
- Speaktoit can update your Facebook/Twitter/Foursquare
- The application adds new functionality often (Siri hasn’t updated since launching).
- Speaktoit speaks exactly what it says. As an example, if searching for the weather, Speaktoit would actually read out ‘The weather in London is 70 degrees’ whereas Siri would simply say ‘Here is the weather’ and provide a graphic.
Comparison with the Siri is bound to happen. While obviously based on functionality and efficiency Siri can be proved much more advanced than all other clones but we also cannot neglect the fact how deeply it is integrated with the iOS and the amount of privilege it has on the device.
Competition does not exist for the non iPhone 4S market and this app can be equally successful in this domain as it was with Android. And one very interesting feature is that it does not need your device to be Jailbroken which many other Siri clones do need.
Download Speaktoit from the iOS App Store which costs about $ 1.99. And oh by the way the developers are offering this App for free for the first 100,000 people on the Valentines Day.
- Sara for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G is the best Siri Alternative
- Siri0us : The Siri Dictation On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G
- Install Siri On iPhone 4 And iPod Touch 4G [H1Siri]
- Evi : The Alternative To Siri For iOS & Android
- Jailbreak iOS 5 / 5.0.1 On iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad And iPod touch 4G Using Ac1dSn0w Beta 1