This might surprise you, but yes Nokia N9 is seen in action with the very latest and popular Android Ice cream Sandwich 4.0. Android ICS seems to be ported to Nokia N9 and is done by none other than team NITDroid, who are also responsible of porting Android to Nokia N900. Alexey Roslyakov was leading the project of porting Android ICS to Nokia N9 and finally their hard work can be seen on the snapshots below.
The Nokia N9 originally runs MeeGo and with the current progress going on by the team, it is possible to dual boot both Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 and MeeGo. To load Android ICS simply you have to press Volume Up button while booting. This will load Android instead of MeeGo.
The team NITDroid is working continuously to make the device function properly in every aspect. Some major issues are still arising such as Nokia N9’s hardware cooperation with Android Kernel, but will soon be sort out as expected. So if everything works out well, we might see something very rare , Nokia N9 running Android 4.0 ICS. We just can’t wait to see the combination of much loved Nokia hardware and a very popular OS Android.
- Nokia Lumia 800 first Nokia Windows Phone Announced
- Recent Update for Nokia Lumia 800 fixed battery issue, Camera and Audio quality will soon be fixed says Nokia
- Nokia to give up Symbian in North America and going with Windows Phone
- Nokia World 2011 To Be Held Tomorrow At London
- Nokia 500 available for pre order, priced at INR 10,200