3G Tethering to an iPad or other device has always been an issues discussed a lot. Majority of operators charge an extra free for 3G tethering. QuasiDisk, a file manager for iPhone developed by Chris Simpson has many impressive features and one of the them is that this App which is available in iOS App Store allows 3G tethering to other devices.
Recently the app was updated to version 1.1 and is a must have app for every iPhone. One of the most important feature of this device is that it is deeply integrated with iCloud hence taking full advantage of the iOS 5. The QuasiDisk, is a very simple file manager and viewer allowing user to take their files, photos and other media with them.
The app has the feature to add files via various mediums like :
- USB iTunes file sharing
- WiFi over the integrated FTP server
- By syncing files with an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Mac over the iCloud service.
Not only this app has a host of impressive features but also it is very simple and convenient and easy to use just like most Apple products.
The app has the hidden feature of 3G tethering and you need to set the preference in order to use it.
Follow the step by step tutorial on how to setup your 3G connection :
Step 1 : Launch QuasiDisk and start the built-in FTP and set the port to 5100.
Step 2 : Connect it adhoc to the computer you wish to share your data connection.
Step 3 : Add SOCKS or HTTP proxy settings to the computer on ports 5050 for SOCKS and 6666 for HTTP proxy.
That’s it !! Once you have done this you now setup a 3G tethering to other devices. Now that this app is available in the Apple App Store we are pretty much sure that Apple will pull this app out once it notices this feature. In case you are having confusion, check the video.
QuasiDisk also has an impressive list of supported compatible formats and hence making it very convenient. The file manager will also open via and third party application if the type is not supported.Currently the list of supported files are :
- Apple’s Pages documents
- Apple Keynotes presentations
- Apple Numbers spreadsheets
- Adobe PDF
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint formats
- Plain text files
- RTF text files
- HTML documents
- Supported video types – MOV, M4V, MP4 (anything with .h264 video and mpeg audio encoding with no DRM)
- Supported audio types – MP3, ACC, WAV (anything supported by iPod player with no DRM)
QuasiDisk app is available worth $ 1.99 in the iOS App Store and is a must have app to make a good use of iCloud.
Download QuasiDisk for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch [iTunes link]
- Bypass Jailbreak Detection By Apps On iPhone Using xCon
- How To Send Any File As Email Attachment On Your iPhone And iPad [AnyAttach]
- Siri0us : The Siri Dictation On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G
- Download Infinity Blade II For iPhone, iPad And iPod touch
- Flipboard Now Available For Download For iPhone