Remember LG Optimus Black P970, yes that just silent device, came with android 2.2 froyo, and well it is finally getting Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update, however the ICS update for LG Optimus Black P970 is also promised but going by the lg history of late delivering the updates, we should not expect ics update anytime in this year
Anyway lets get back to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update for LG Optimus Black P970, this update upgrades the LG Optimus Black P970 to android 2.3 gingerbread but is it still three iterations behind the latest android 2.3.7 gingerbread, but still this update is better than not having a update.
LG Optimus Black P970 Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread updates Changelog
- Improved power management
- Enhanced mobile gaming experience
- Improved UI to enable faster access and control and a more intuitive user experience
- One-touch word selection and copy/paste:
- Better Download management
- Support for new media formats such as AAC, AVC, MPEG 4 and H.263
- New features and other improvements: active app management, shortcuts, widgets, icons, app groups, updated calendar options, camera geotagging, better email synching and more precise camera auto-focus.
- App updates and pre-loaded Google+ app
LG Optimus Black P970 Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update is not provided OTA, and is now available using the LG’s software update tool. So you need to download LG’s software update tool from below link
How to update LG Optimus Black P970 to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread using LG Update tool.
- Download LG Update tool and install it
- Connect you phone to pc using the usb cable
- Click on update to update LG Optimus Black P970 to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread
once your phone is updated, please share your experience about the update by commenting below