On 10th January we had reported about the release of iOS 5.1 Beta 3 to developers. While the Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 devices is available since few days Apple has again unsurprisingly patched the exploit used in Untethered Jailbreak Corona. According to iPhone developer Nadeem Ateyeh on Twitter (via @veeence) the iOS 5.1 fixes the Untethered Jailbreak exploit Corona.
The battle between the Jailbreak Community and Apple is not new with the hackers finding new bugs to exploit and Apple patching them up with regular updates. Now that iOS 5.0.1 has an Untethered Jailbreak the next logical step for Apple would be to release iOS 5.1 asap. Once the iOS 5.1 is released for public and Apple stops signing iOS 5.0.1, it will be impossible to jailbreak your device without having an SHSH blob saves for iOS 5.0.1.
Hence no matter whether you wish to upgrade to iOS 5.1 or not but having the SHSH blob for iOS 5.0.1 for your device is a must have for any future jailbreak possibilities.
Recently pod2g, eminent hacker responsible to bring untethered jailbreak to A4 devices announced the formation of the dream team and even made a public statement that if everything went right than the Untethered Jailbreak for A5 devices is just days away. Now with an Untethered Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2, the jailbreak community will finally complete the untethered project for iDevices based on iOS 5.0.1 which was possible only with iOS 4.3.3 earlier.
- How To Save iOS 5.0.1 SHSH Blobs Using TinyUmbrella For Future Jailbreak
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch With Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 / Corona
- Latest Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 Fixes iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Bugs
- “Launchctl” Error Fixed With The Latest Redsn0w 0.9.10b2 And Corona Jailbreak Tweak
- iOS 5 Untethered Jailbreak Demoed On Video