The iOS developers who keep on releasing Jailbreak tweak are doing a very great job as the Untethered Jailbreak has now been released for iOS 5.0.1 devices. Yllier, a famous iOS developer who has also developed Apps like Firewall iP and ScreenDimmer has released yet another App ShakeToUnlock which is obviously used to Unlock your iPhone by shaking gestures.
While the App seems very simple and minimalist but it also has many features which makes it a very efficient Jailbreak tweak. Some features of ShakeToUnlock are :
- Unlock device using shake gestures (one or two shakes, even directional shakes are supported).
- Unlock all of the time – stays alive even when the screen turns off.
- Has a low battery consumption
- Override the passcode if you desire.
- Undim the device without unlocking – this is particularly useful for users of LockInfo or IntelliScreenX.
- 5 settings for shake sensitivity.
- An included toggle for SBSettings.
The release note of the App needs approximately 20 – 25% of the devices battery per day to function. Now this is very severe as iOS 5 devices are known to have battery issues. The Settings of the App can be tweaked from the Preference App.
ShakeToUnlock is available for free in BigBoss repository within Cydia.
This is a Jailbreak Tweak and hence you will need a Jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 device. For a detailed step by step tutorial on how to jailbreak your iOS 5.0.1 untethered using Redsnow or Corona click here. If your wish to preserve your baseband for Carrier Unlock using Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 you can use PwangeTool. For iPhone 4S and iPad 2 users, wait till next week until a Jailbreak is released for these devices.
- Add 3D Effects To Your iPhone & iPad LockScreen With UnlockFX
- How To Unlock iPhone On iOS 5.0.1 With Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 [Tutorial]
- How To Add Notes Directly To Your iPhone’s Springboard [SBStickyNotes]
- How To Unlock iOS 5 On iPhone 4 / 3GS Using UltrasnOw 1.2.4 Or Gevey SIM
- How To Unlock iOS 5.0.1 On iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 With Ultrasn0w Fixer