Earlier we had reported a step by step tutorial on how to give Untethered Jailbreak to your iOS 5.0.1 device using Redsn0w and PwangeTool or the Cydia package Corona Untether. Now the folks at Firecore have released Seas0nPass which can be used to give Untethered Jailbreak to your Apple TV on iOS 4.4.4. Now Apple TV users can have third party apps like XBMC, NitoTV, Last.fm and more .
The Jailbreak is based on pod2g’s untethered jailbreak exploit which works on iOS 5.0.1. To be able to give Untethered Jailbreak to your device you will need to have microUSB cable and a PC running Windows XP (or later) or Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
With this new version 4.4.4, your Apple TV gets a whole new set of features like :
- AirPlay Mirroring – wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad 2 to your HDTV.
- Photo Stream – view photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your photo stream in iCloud.
- Trailers – A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest movie trailers (region specific).
- National Hockey League – watch live games. View highlights, scores and more.
- Wall Street Journal Live – watch up to date news, business commentary and financial analysis.
How To Jailbreak Apple TV 4.4.4 Untethered With Seas0npass :
Step 2 : Launch Seas0npass and click on Create IPSW. It will take some time for Seas0npass to create your Custom IPSW.
Step 3 : Now connect your Apple TV device to a computer using microUSB cable and follow on-screen instructions to enter into DFU mode.
Step 4 : Now iTunes will initiate the restore process and once done you have successfully Jailbroken your device. You will also see a temporary Firecore logo on the botton right section of screen which means Untethered Jailbreak has been applied.
So enjoy all the third party apps on your Apple TV and keep visiting for more tips and tricks.
For a detailed step by step tutorial on how to jailbreak your iOS 5.0.1 untethered using Redsnow or Corona click here. If your wish to preserve your baseband for Carrier Unlock using Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 you can use PwangeTool.
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered and Preserve Baseband With PwnageTool [Tutorial]
- Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 is now finally available, but works only on Non-A5 chips
- Latest Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 Fixes iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Bugs
- Chronic Dev Team Releases Tool Of Mass Exploitation To Help Find More Exploits For Untethered Jailbreak of iOS 5
- iPhone 5, iPad 2 And iOS 5 Untethered Jailbreak Imminent