It has been quite a ride for iDevice users since few days. Earlier we had reported about Redsn0w 0.9.10b2 and Corona Cydia Tweak which gave your iOS 5.0.1 device an Untethered Jailbreak. Later we even reported how you can give Untethered Jailbreak with preserve baseband for unlock using the latest Ultrasn0w 1.2.5. Now Jay Saurik Freeman, the creator of Cydia has released an updated version taking the version level of Cydia to 1.1.3.
The update is quite interesting as the version goes from 1.1.1 to directly 1.1.3. The update will be notified in Changes where Cydia Installer needs to be updated.
Although unfortunately the changelog could not be found with this release and the interface also remains the same. We expect the update to bring some internal fixes which could make the application more bug-free, secure and stable, along with other sorts of improvements. Probably this new update has to do something with the new Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 which got released just few days ago.
Cydia, has always been the home of good things for iDevices and is most probably the only reason why people Jailbreak their good device. You can find loads of interesting and cool apps, which are mostly for free or are available for a nominal fee.
- Updated And Faster SemiTether With Bugs Fixed Now Available In Cydia
- Updated Sn0wbreeze v2.8b9 To Jailbreak Your iOS 5.0.1 Device
- “Launchctl” Error Fixed With The Latest Redsn0w 0.9.10b2 And Corona Jailbreak Tweak
- Jailbreak Your iOS 5 Device Semi – Untethered [SemiTether]
- iOS 5 Untethered Jailbreak Demoed On Video