After a lot of wait the iPhone Dev Team has finally released the Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1. Yes you heard it right, Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1. This is the first time the dev team took so long to Untether Jailbreak any iOS version of iPhone. @pod2g an iOS security researcher is the person behind this Jailbreak.
@pod2g has invested a lot of time to get Untether Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1. Tether Jailbreak came in soon after the release of iOS 5.0.1. We even witnessed Semi-UnTether Jailbreak but Untethered Jailbreak was the one people waiting for.
Still Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 holds one cache. The method will not be able to Jailbreak iDevices with the latest A5 chips on them, which includes iPhone 4s and iPad 2. Latest version of redsn0w 0.9.10 is the tool which Jailbreaks the devices running iOS 5.0.1. iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G are the devices that can be get Untether Jailbreak.
- iOS 5 Untethered Jailbreak Demoed On Video
- Chronic Dev Team Releases Tool Of Mass Exploitation To Help Find More Exploits For Untethered Jailbreak of iOS 5
- iPhone 5, iPad 2 And iOS 5 Untethered Jailbreak Imminent
- Jailbreak Your iOS 5 Device Semi – Untethered [SemiTether]
- iPhone 4S And iPad 2 Untethered Jailbreak Demoed On Video