We had earlier reported that Nokia is almost done with Symbian. The smartphone giant is now relying on Windows to get back its dominance in the smartphone world. Windows Phone on the other side is also not a much successful OS as compared to Android and iOS but it has created a lot of buzz with its next version Windows Phone 7 or simply “Mango”. Recently the latest RTM with build no: 7.10.7720.68 has been leaked and can indeed be downloaded and installed by any current Windows Phone 7, no matter if they are using NoDo or any previous build of Mango.
As a requirement it will be necessary to have the latest version of Zune Client i.e Zune 4.8.2134.0. This is still a developers release but it can be considered that its not any other experimental version. The “Not For Resale” tag which earlier used to exist in previous versions has disappeared and this OS and can be installed in any Windows Phone 7. Now here we will show you how to Download and Install Windows Phone 7 :
2. Download all the files and extract it on Contents folder in the Local Computer.
3. Install Zune Beta Version 4.8.2134.0 from the Zune Install Directory by executing the StartZuneLocal.exe
4. Install “Updatewp.exe” from “Update Tool”. You will have to choose 32 or 64 bit.
5. Connect the device to the PC via U.S.B and close the Zune if it starts.
6. If the phone is currently running on build 7661 or 7712 follow the steps given below, for NoDo users follow on from the next step.
7. From the “NoDoToRC” directory run “ISV_Provisioning_Live.exe” as admin.
8. The tool will now create a backup of the device, so please be patient.
9. The phone will restart and will update from the update server, enter the PIN number when prompted.
10. Close the program once the entire update process is complete.
11 Your backup file will be present in the folder “C: Users <user> AppData Local Microsoft Windows Mobile Update,” under a cryptic name with the backup date in the end. (Do keep the backup files safely to get your phone to previous Build Version)
For NoDo users the update process ends here. Enjoy your Mango Device.
For 7761 or 7712 Build version follow from here after the 6th step:
7. Now with your device connected the Zune Client will start looking for updates.
8. Zune will download and install the version 7403 and enter the PIN no when prompted.
9. After the 7403 the Zune will update to next 7712 public beta version.
10. Now close the Zune client.
11. Now copy the directory “RCToRTM” to “C://”
12. From the directory “c: RCToRTM” run the “ISVTo7720.bat” file as admin and keep your phone connected.
13. Several updates will run sequentially and if prompted please enter your P.I.N number.
Thats it ! After successfully going through all these steps your device is now running on Mango 7720 RTM build. please do comment below if you have any trouble or need any assistance we will be happy to help.
Windows Mango is the latest OS from Microsoft which is expected to compete in the big league with the Androids and iOS. It was offcicially announced on May and the official release is expected at any time at the end of the year.
Installing this update does has its own risks too. You may in future have trouble in installing the Official Mango but dont worry we are sure we will come up with something here at GeekPrison.Com.