MuscleNerd- a prominent member of the iPhone Dev Team has announced that the next update for the popular Jailbreaking tool Redsn0w will have the ability to use iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1 SHSH Blobs to downgrade to a lower firmware.
In a Tweet made by MuscleNerd he has announced the development for the Redsn0w tool.
Upcoming redsn0w release makes both TinyUmbrella and Cydia blob saves useful for 5.0+ (1st verifies, then stitches)
For time being, please just use most recent TU to save 5.0.1 blobs+APTicket…redsn0w will do the rest, should you need to restore.
SHSH blobs, are crucial to downgrade to a lower firmware. SHSH blobs ( Signature HaSH blobs ), are created by Apple to restrict users to downgrade their iOS version. The SHSH blobs basically contains information about which version can a user downgrade to and which he cannot. Once Apple stops signing an iOS firmware version, it is impossible to downgrade to an older version unless you have the SHSH blob saved for that firmware before Apple stopped signing it.
Also in a recent update, pod2g has demoed Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5. No ETA has been given for a public release but we expect that to be released soon.
- Create iOS 5.0 And iOS 5.0.1 SHSH Blobs Using iFaith 1.4
- How To Downgrade iOS 5.1 Firmware And Save iOS 5 SHSH Blobs [iSHSHit]
- Updated TinyUmbrella Now Supports iOS 5.1 Beta
- How To Downgrade iOS 5.0.1 To iOS 4.3.3 For iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2/1[Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Using Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch