iH8sn0w has updated iFaith to version 1.4, which can create iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 SHSH Blobs of iOS 5.0.x firmware running on your device even if it is not signed by Apple.
Full Changelog of iFaith 1.4 :
iFaith v1.4 Release notes:
- Now dumps iOS 4.4.x (Apple TV 2)/5.0.x apticket + SHSH blobs!
- Dumping is MUCH faster.
- Full Windows XP support.
- Major code improvements.
- Bug fixes.
– DOES NOT SUPPORT A5 DEVICES YET!
The iFaith 1.4 cannot be used to create SHSH blobs of A5 devices so you cannot create and save SHSH blobs of iPhone 4S and iPad 2. Currently saving the SHSH blobs does not mean that you can downgrade to a lower firmware on your device. As Apple has patched several loopholes in the recent updates and hence there is currently no method by which you can downgrade to a lower firmware once you reach the iOS 5.0.1. Apple wants its users to be on the latest version of the iOS.
The devices supported by iFaith 1.4 are iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod touch 4G and Apple TV 2 only.
However using iFaith 1.4 iDevice users can downgrade to a custom iOS 5.0 IPSW which you can create using iFaith 1.4 with the SHSH blobs incorporated for the firmware you are downgrading to.
iH8sn0w has also described it in a video the entire method how you can do so. If you are running on iOS 5.1 than you can create the updated TinyUmbrella as we had reported here.
Download iFaith v1.4 for Windows
- How To Downgrade iOS 5.1 Firmware And Save iOS 5 SHSH Blobs [iSHSHit]
- Updated TinyUmbrella Now Supports iOS 5.1 Beta
- Apple Seeds iOS 5.1 To Developers, Doesn’t Fix The Battery Issue
- Jailbreak Your iOS 5 Device Semi – Untethered [SemiTether]
- Chronic Dev Team Releases Tool Of Mass Exploitation To Help Find More Exploits For Untethered Jailbreak of iOS 5