The latest version of the Android OS, the all new Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich was open sourced just few days ago as we had reported. Now it seems that the developers have done their trick and finally ported the ICS to Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy S. The Samsung Galaxy S II is by far one of the most popular Android handset so we expect with this trick to boost the overall user base of the ICS.
The trick comes from developer xplodwild over on Twitter, where he announced that the trick was ready and also linked to files required for the trick.
The current build is the Alpha 7 build. The Alpha build is not a stable release with modem, Bluetooth, WiFi and other basic things like sound, camera etc. do not work. So we suggest our readers who use a Galaxy S or Galaxy S II to wait for at least the Beta version. By the pace with which things are moving we predict that the Beta version would be available within a week.
Before you Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich :
2. You must also Falsh ClockworkMod Recovery.
3. You must ensure that your device is fully charged. The entire process takes about few minures but however as a precautionary step we suggest our readers to charge their battery to the fullest before going for the ICS installation.
4. Make a nandroid backup from which you can restore later on.
5. Download the required file for your device :
How To Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich On Samsung Galaxy S II And Galaxy S :
Step 1 : Connect your device to a computer via USB and transfer the file you have downloaded to the root directory of your phones storage media.
Step 2 : Once the transfer is complete, turn off your device and then turn it On.
Step 3 : Now Boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery by holding the Volume Up + Home + Power button until the main menu appears.
Step 4 : Now navigate to mounts and storage and format the /system. Once done you should also format /data and /cache.
Now go back to the main menu and click on wipe data / factory reset.
Step 5 : From the main menu just select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [name of file you downloaded in step 1] to flash ICS to your device.
That’s it, you have now successfully installed Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on your Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy S II. If you are waiting for a Beta release, keep visiting GeekPrison.Com to be the first to know.
- Ice Cream Sandwich for Samsung Galaxy S II/2, Tab Series and Note is confirmed by Samsung Italy
- How To Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich On Galaxy Nexus S [Tutorial]
- How To Root Galaxy Nexus On Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Download Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Wallpapers
- How To Install Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread On Samsung Galaxy S II