You must have often seen many undecipherable named APK files in your SD card of your Android device. The developers at XDA-Developers have created an App which automatically renames your APK files into something comprehensible by human beings.
The app is also very simple and comprises of two basic functions. It uses AAPT to extract the friendly name and a batch file Wizardry. RenameAPK does the process of renaming the APK file on your Windows Based PC. If you wish to rename the files on your Android device than you can connect the device using USB and continue the normal process.
From the Developer :
If you have a slough of apk files with weird names like I do, this DOS tool is for you. It uses AAPT (included) to check an APK file’s name and version, and renames your APK in a more human-readable format.
pp170.apk –> PhotoShake Pro_1.7.0.apk
You can run this tool through the command line, or by dragging one (or multiple!) .apk files to it.
The app really works as promised and finally gets you rid of all those stupid and long APK file names. To view the original thread and to download the App click here.
- How To Install Multiple APK File On Android Device At Once [Mass APK Installer]
- How To Easily Exchange Files Between Your Computer And iPhone Using SSH [Tutorial]
- Download Updated Android Market v3.3.11 APK Right Now
- How To Repair Corrupt Or Fragmented Files [File Repair]
- How To Delete Duplicate Files By Size, Name And Content [WeeDuplicateDetective]