Good new for Samsung epic 4G users, as android 2.3 gingerbread update is released and available for download as well as over the air.
The Samsung epic 4G gingerbread update dated 11/09/2011 is versioned as S:D700.0.5S.EI22
Sprint Epic 4G android 2.3 Gingerbread update changelog:
• Upgrade of the Google OS from Froyo to Gingerbread (Android 2.3)
• Audible Sprint AIRAVE™ notifications when answering call
• SMS messages sent without area code
• PRL and Profile update
• EAS (Exchange Activesync) email displaying HTML
• Bluetooth headset sound improvements
• Fully visible date on device lock screen
You get wait for the the update to trigger itself automatically, you will get a notification on the screen and just have to follow the instructions.
Otherwise you can also manually trigger the update by doing this
Menu >> Settings >> about phone >> System updates >>Update Android.
as we very well know that update for any android phone is rollout in batches, and it might or might not your available right now for your region, so for those who just can wait to upgrade their Samsung epic 4g to gingerbread we got a direct download link and tutorial on how to update Samsung epic 4g to android 2.3 gingerbread
How to Update Samsung Sprint Epic 4G to android 2.3 gingerbread
1. Just rename the downloaded file to update.zip.
2. Copy the renamed update.zip file to your SD card.
3. Power off your phone.
4. Hold the Volume Down and Camera buttons, and then press the power button.
5. The update should process should begin automatically
6. finally Reboot the phone and enjoy
Tell us what difference you felt after updating your Samsung epic 4g to android 2.3 gingerbread by commenting below.