Mozilla brings yet another version of Firefox for their users, Mozilla Firefox 8. The updates are coming in very soon from Mozilla. Firefox 7 was released some weeks ago and soon Firefox 8 is brought up. Though there are no major changes made in the latest version. Mozilla should have named it as 7.xxx or whatever. There is no need to get the major release in such short period of time.
May be Mozilla is afraid of Chrome taking over. Google have done a lot of changes with Chrome and people of course loved it. Demand and usage of Chrome have increased a lot and so Mozilla trying hard to stay in the competition by releasing major updates in short period of time. Firefox 6 followed Firefox 7 and now Firefox 8, all within 3 Months. If we combine all three versions and see the changes then Mozilla has sure managed to bring some big changes but not with every versions.
The Mozilla Firefox 8 is as usual not officially released but has been uploaded to their ftp server for download. Officially it will be available from tomorrow i.e. 8th November. Below is the list of changes that has been made to Firefox 8.
- Add-ons installed by third party programs are now disabled by default
- Added a one-time add-on selection dialog to manage previously installed add-ons
- Added Twitter to the search bar
- Added a preference to load tabs on demand, improving start-up time when windows are restored
- Improved tab animations when moving, reordering, or detaching tabs
- Improved performance and memory handling
- Added CORS support for cross-domain textures in WebGL
- Added support for HTML5 context menus
- Added support for insert AdjacentHTML
- Improved CSS hyphen support for many languages
- Improved WebSocket support
- Fixed several stability issues
Well I agree that above mentioned changes have been made and is working properly. My Third Party Add Ons disabled, but with my permission, so no problem with that. Improved browsing, animation, performance and memory handling is also noticed by me. So to download the Firefox 8 from the ftp server click the links below, if you can’t wait until tomorrow for the official release. And do let us know if you notice any difference.
- Download Mozilla Firefox 6 Final For Windows,Linux And Mac
- How To Transfer All Your Firefox Tabs To Chrome [Open In Chrome]
- Download Safari 5.1.1 with iCloud support for Windows and Mac OS X
- How to Download Songs from Google Music with Google Music Downloader
- Download iTunes 10.5 Final Version For Windows And Mac [Direct Download Link]