Earlier we had reported about the updated Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 being released by the iPhone Dev Community to jailbreak your iOS 5.0.1 device. Now the iPhone Dev Team member iH8Sn0w has released an updated Sn0wbreeze v2.8b9 to Jailbreak your iOS 5.0.1 device.
The update also brings fixes to the iBooks sandbox and Location Services issue with the iPhone 3GS. The tool also blocks the UDID check and the Beta Timer. Which means that you can use the beta version as long as you wish and you do not need to be a registered developer in order to use it.
The Jailbreak at present is only Tethered and Untethered is not yet available for any iOS 5 device. With many rumors doing the rounds and the iPhone Dev Community demoing the Untethered jailbreak on the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2 we can only predict that the Untethered version is in its testing phase and will be launched very soon.
Changelog for Sn0wbreeze v2.8b9 :
- Supports iOS 5.0 (9A334)/5.0.1-b1 (9A402)
- Fixed iBooks sandbox crashing issues.
- Fixed location services issues with iPhone 3GS
- Re-added iPad baseband install option to iPhone 3GS.
- Removes UDID requirement/Beta timer in 5.0.1.
- Tethered devices are booted via iBooty which is extracted to the Desktop after running Sn0wBreeze
The Jailbreak is at present tethered for all iDevices except the iPhone 3GS (old bootrom).
To download the Sn0wbreeze v2.8b9 click here.