If anyone could just tell me how to “FAIL” like Apple. After all the reports being published about Android becoming the biggest mobile OS and dominating the smartphone and tablet segment it seems that the Cupertino company has again defying all prediction came out as a winner. According to a recent report by Net Applications the iOS is now No. 1 mobile OS with 61.64 % market share.
Propelled by the humungous success of iPhone 4S and the iPad 2 the iOS now has 61.64 % of market share in the mobile OS segment. Android is now at the second position with 18.90 %. As there were many rumors going around about the launch of the new iPhone 4S, iOS saw just 1.6% growth between August and September.
After the launch of the iPhone 4S and more than 4 million units sold in the opening weekend the causing the market share of iOS to balloon to 61.64% of the global market in October, up 7% from 54.65% in September.
Apart from iOS and Android which takes the limelight most of the times what is interesting is that the Windows Phone mobile OS market share fell from 0.27 % to 0.20 %. With Nokia Lumia and Nokia 710 launched based on the latest Mango OS things can change pretty fast for Microsoft.
According to the report apart from Apple each and every mobile OS witnessed drop in market share. Surely the success of the iPhone 4S has done wonder for Apple.
- iOS App Store Vs Android Market Vs Ovi Store Vs WP MarketPlace
- Transform Your Windows 7 With iOS, Android & Mango Skin Pack
- Android App Market wins over iOS App Store [ABI Research]
- Chinese Search Engine Giant Baidu To Release Android Based Mobile OS Called Yi-OS
- How To Change Font Size In Mobile Safari On iPhone And iPod Touch [Magnifier for Safari]