Have you ever gone mad at your PC, really mad? I think most of us have faced this common problem. Imagine you are writing something using MS Word very important and with no notice your PC is dead. Say your PC or Laptop crashes due to some reason, maybe power failure or any other which you don’t care about. This will result in your data loss. All those important notes or your thoughts or something really important is lost. You can’t help it right.
To overcome this issue MS Word has this feature called Auto Recover/Save, but the MS Word saves the data after every 10 Min by default. But what if the computer crashes in the 9th min? Possible. So I have come up with this idea of reducing the time of Auto Recover/Save. You can choose to reduce the time or increase, I’m sure you wouldn’t want to increase. The time can be reduced to 1 Min, which I personally prefer. That keeps me on safer side.
Steps to Change Auto Recover/Save time in MS Word 2007.
1. After opening MS Word click on the “MS Office icon” at the top left corner.
2. Now click on “Word Options” at the bottom of the menu list.
3. Now in the Word Option menu go to “Save” tab at the left side.
4. Go to “Save AutoRecover information every” option and change the time as you want.
5. Click OK button at the bottom and you are done with changing Auto Save time.
So this was the process of changing the Auto Recover/Save time in MS Word 2007. Hope this was helpful and will save your precious work and data in future. Keep checking visiting for more tutorials.