Rooting any Android device enables the user to make any system level changes for which the Root User privileges are required. There are numerous Android device’s and Rooting process is different for each device. DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit is an easy Rooting tool which roots almost any Android device.
Created byXDA Recognized Developer DoomLoRD the Tool is based on the zergRush exploit by Team Revolution. The Tools is currently for Windows Platform only. The Tool is also very easy and simple to use. The Tool was initially created for Xperia Devices but later the devs noticed that the script works flawlessly with the Samsung Galaxy S II.
The entire process is very simple :
Step 1 : Download the file from here.
Step 2 : Extract the Tool to any folder.
Step 3 : Run the RUNME.bat
Step 4 : Follow the On screen instructions.
This script will: (1) root your device using zergRush exploit (2) install Busybox (1.18.4) (3) install SU files (3.0.5)
Although the Tool is said claimed to be compatible with all Android devices, it has been tried and tested on :
- Sony Xperia X10 (GB firmware)
- Sony Xperia Arc (.42 firmware)
- Sony Xperia Arc S
- Sony Xperia Play [R800i/R800x]
- Sony Xperia Ray
- Sony Xperia Neo
- Sony Xperia Mini
- Sony Xperia Mini Pro
- Sony Xperia Pro
- Sony Xperia Active
- Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-9100/GT-9100P]
- Samsung Galaxy GT5570
- Samsung Galaxy Tab [P1000] (2.3.3 firmware)
- Samsung Galaxy Note [N7000]
- Samsung Nexus S [i9023] (2.3.6)
- Motorola Milestone 3 [ME863 HK]
- Motorola XT860
- Motorola Defy+
- Nexus One (2.3.6 stock)
The Tools however needs some pre requisite before you begin rooting. As the developer mentions :
Before you begin: (1) make sure you have installed adb drivers for your device (2) enable "USB DEBUGGING" from (MenuSettingsApplicationsDevelopment) (3) enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES" from (MenuSettingsApplications) (4) [OPTIONAL] increase screen timeout to 10 minutes (5) connect USB cable to PHONE and then connect to PC
To make things even better the devs have also added an UnRoot tool which helps you UnRoot the device in case you want to restore or claim your warranty.
To UnRoot Your device :
Step 1 : Download the UnRoot Tool from here.
Step 2 : Extract the RAR file to any folder you wish.
Step 3 : Run the RUNME-UNROOT.bat
Step 4 : Follow the On Screen Instructions.
- How To Root / Unroot Samsung Galaxy S II With A Single Click
- How To Root Samsung Stratosphere 4G On Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread [Tutorial]
- How To Root HTC Amaze 4G On Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread [One Click Root]
- How to Take Screenshot in Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 without Rooting
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo gets Android 2.3.4 update