We have seen many tools to install Windows Operating systems on USB, but today I’m going show you this free Windows application to Install Linux on USB/Pen Drive. “Universal USB Installer” is a free Windows application which allows you to create a Bootable USB/Pen Drive with Linux installed in it.
The application will create a bootable USB/Pen Drive. All you have to do is plug the USB/Pen Drive and start the live Linux on your PC. You have a portable Linux OS in your pocket. The Universal USB installer allows you to install any Linux Distributions on USB/Pen Drive of your choice. To start with installing Linux on USB/Pen Drive you need an ISO image of the Linux on your PC. Now follow the steps below after you install and run the Universal USB installer.
1. After you run the application, select the Linux Distribution you want to install on USB/Pen Drive.
2. Select location of your Pen Drive.
3. Check the Option “Format Drive” if you want (Recommended).
4. Now click on create Option at the bottom to start the process.
5. After the process is completed your USB/Pen Drive is ready to run Linux on it.
To download the Universal USB Installer visit here. The application is small in size, not even 1MB. Following OS can also be installed in your USB/Pen Drive using Universal USB Installer Xubuntu 11.10, Kubuntu 11.10, Lubuntu 11.10, Edubuntu 11.10, Ubuntu Server 11.10, and Ubuntu Studio 11.10.