Verizon’s HTC Thunderbolt users who have been waiting for a long time to taste Android Gingerbread on their devices now finally will get it. Verizon wireless is rolling out the update of Gingerbread Build 2.11.605.5 for their Thunderbolt users.
There have been an update available in the past, but was not really successful and users were upset with the Gingerbread Build 2.11.605.3. That build has some severe security issues. Unlike that the latest Gingerbread Build 2.11.605.5 is expected to fix all those issues and run in very stable manner. Verizon and HTC should have done this a long ago, but it’s never too late.
New Features of HTC Thunderbolt with Gingerbread Build 126.96.36.199
- Alarm notifications will no longer appear while in Emergency Mode;
- Improved security features that reduce device vulnerability;
- Improved data connectivity;
- Improved audio quality while using Bluetooth;
- Bluetooth security patch has been included;
- Decreased wait time when saving audio attachments;
- Basic voicemail notification will now notify when a new voicemail has been received;
- V CAST Tones now comes preloaded;
- New Google Books app;
- Enhanced UI for data roaming;
- SMS messages will no longer send to incorrect recipient on rare occasions;
- Reduced Force Close errors while using TuneWiki;
- Reduced Force Close errors when using the front camera;
- Audio on BT Car Kit no longer reroutes to phone when receiving a SMS message.