Hardly a week ago CynogenMod 7 Alpha 1 was released for HP TouchPad, and now the the CM team has pulled out updated Alpha 2 for HP TouchPad. The update sure has some bugs and issued fixed from the previous version. But still the Alpha 2 will not sure not be stable, reason it’s still Alpha release.
(AKA things we hope we fixed)
* Plugging headphones in should now shut off speaker volume
* Battery drain issues have been (partially) addressed
* More apps now available in market (thanks to Flemmard)
* Temporarily removed suspect fsck_msdos to fix random folder deletion on media/sdcard.
* At least one type of “sleep of death” (TP won’t wake up) has been fixed
* Wifi should no longer hang in sleep
* Vibrator no longer disappears
* Touchscreen no longer unresponsive after sleep
* cifs support added
* Touchstone should now charge better
* fixed broken links resulting from first version of installer (mount now works)
* pptp vpn now works
* OpenVPN TUN support added
* USB mounting in vold added
* Misc. fixes to ACME Installer (more graceful exits, nonstandard LVM media location handling, etc.)
* fixes to surfaceflinger to improve performance
* upstream cm7 changes added
Additionally, there is now an ACME UnInstaller for those who wish to remove the alpha completely. It should remove cm7 and reclaim the space back to the original media partition. Just as with the alpha itself, use the uninstaller at your own risk. Instructions for use are below.
The team also warns the users with the statement “Alpha2 is an extremely rough build. Expect more crashes than you can count. Many many things do not work yet.” So if you do not want to get in trouble after updating, and wish to stay safe, then be careful while playing with CynogenMod 7 Alpha 2. If you wish to remove the Alpha completely then the CynogenMod 7 Alpha 2 has ACME Uninstaller as stated by team.