Finally the wait is over. After so many leaks and expected specifications, and not to miss the names Motorola Droid Razr/Spyder/HD, the official announcement came out. Verizon Wireless announced the official release of Motorola Droid Razr.
The Specifications of Motorola Droid Razr are just Amazing. The phone will be packed with 1.2GHz Dual core Processor and 1GB of RAM. Moreover it has 4.3 inch Super AMOLED advanced qHD display, 8MP Camera which can record 1080p Videos. Front HD camera for video chat. 16G of internal memory and much more.
Special feature comes in as expected; the Motorola Droid Razr is the worlds thinnest 4G LTE smartphone that has thickness of 7.1mm only. The Motorola Droid Razr is truly going to rock. Motorola confirms the name of the device as Motorola Droid Razr and will be called as just Razr. Get the brief idea of the device in the press release.
VERIZON WIRELESS AND MOTOROLA ANNOUNCE DROID RAZR™ BY MOTOROLA: DROID STRONG. RAZR SHARP.
Impossibly Thin with Unstoppable Power on America’s Fastest and Most Reliable 4G Network
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Today, Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) and Verizon Wireless announced DROID RAZR™ by Motorola, the world’s thinnest 4G LTE smartphone. A true marvel of design, this smartphone packs strength and smarts into a stylish package offered exclusively from Verizon Wireless.
Measuring 7.1 mm thin, made with KEVLAR® fiber for strength and Corning® Gorilla® Glass for scratch resistance, the DROID RAZR is ready to face the elements. Speed limits are just an illusion with a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and Verizon Wireless 4G LTE. DROID RAZR customers can expect to rip through the Web with speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G.
“DROID RAZR by Motorola combines style, performance and the power of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network into one innovative device,” said Marni Walden, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. “These are two iconic brands that separately symbolize the best technology available today. The combination will provide an unsurpassed wireless experience for customers.”
“DROID RAZR by Motorola is a testament to the innovation and design possibilities that stem from a strong partnership between Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless,” said Sanjay Jha, Chairman and CEO, Motorola Mobility. “We set out to design the best smartphone on the planet and delivered DROID RAZR which is thinner, smarter, stronger than any device on the market.”
Not only does DROID RAZR by Motorola deliver heart-pounding speed, but it has a mind-bending 4.3-inch hyper-vibrant display with more colors than most LCD HDTVs. The Super AMOLED™ Advanced display with qHD resolution dishes out beautiful images and smooth action so on-the-go movies and TV shows aren’t a blur, whether customers stream from Netflix™ or rent from Android Market™. It’s the first smartphone capable of streaming movies and TV shows through Netflix with up to HD resolution.
DROID RAZR customers can take advantage of the Super AMOLED Advanced display and 4G LTE speeds to stream videos with NFL Mobile, only from Verizon. Fans can stay up to date on news, schedules and scores from their favorite teams on the go. NFL Mobile is included at no additional charge for 4G LTE customers for the remainder of the 2011 season.
If cutting-edge visuals are its beauty, apps on DROID RAZR are its brains. Enter MotoCast™, the free Motorola app that lets you stream or download your music, pictures and more from your PC to your phone. The Smart Actions app helps automate everyday tasks and optimizes battery efficiency by letting customers create rules, such as automatically setting the phone to vibrate during work hours or dimming the display at a specific battery level. The revolutionary webtop application allows customers to combine the device with separately sold accessories, like the Lapdock™ 100 or HD Station, unleashing the power to edit documents and browse the Web with a full Firefox® browser on a larger screen – all while charging the device.
· Powered by Android™ 2.3.5, Gingerbread
· 1 GB RAM for a fast user interface and multi-tasking
· 8-megapixel rear camera with 1080p HD video capture and image stabilization technology for crisp and clear videos
· Front-facing HD camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
· 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capable so customers can share 4G LTE speed with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices
· Water repellent nanocoating protects the phone, and even the inside components, against everyday spills
· Remote wipe, pin lock and government-grade encryption for email, calendar and contacts as well as voice and video chat conferencing
· Use Quickoffice® to view, create and edit Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents on your mobile device from anywhere at anytime
· Bluetooth 4.0 low energy
· 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
· Powerful 1780 mAh battery
The Motorola Droid Razr will be available for pre order from 27th October. And will go on sale in early November for $299.99 with two years contract.
- Motorola Droid (HD/Spyder/Razr) Specifications leaked, will be faster than iPhone 4S
- Motorola Droid Bionic Images leak
- Motorola Spyder/Droid HD and Xoom 2 Specifications and Images leaked again
- Motorola Atrix 2 now available for $49.99 at Amazon Wireless and $99.99 at AT&T
- How to Root Motorola Droid Bionic, Droid2, 3, X, X2 and Pro