The iOS 5 GM was seeded to developers just after the Lets Talk iPhone event. The GM (Gold Master) release means the final version which would be released to public until and unless some fatal bugs are detected in it. After the release of the Gold Master version Apple has finally released the Final version to Apple iDevice’s users worldwide.
What is worth noting here is that the Final Version which got released just moments ago is also the GM version which was released few days ago. Hence rejoice as the the method to Jailbreak it remains the same so you do not have to wait for a Jailbreak.
So all user’s who are now thinking to update to the iOS 5 Final Version can now apply Tethered Jailbreak for now using the latest RedsnOw 0.9.9b5 tool.
iPod touch 4th-gen, running jailbroken iOS 5 | image credit: MuscleNerd
With Apple providing immense updates and enhancements its unlikely anyone would like to do a Jailbreak fo now unless and untill its Untethered.
However before heading to how to Jailbreak using RedsnOw there are certain things iDevice users should consider :
1. This is a Tethered Jailbreak so users would have to boot their device using a computer having RedsnOw installed in it. Witthout it they wont be able to boot into the Jailbroken Mode.
2. The trick is however not compatible with iPhone 4S or iPad 2.
3. If you wish to Apply the Untethered Jailbreak lateron you would have to restore your Device using iTunes.
Before we head over on how to jailbreak the iOS 5 Final Version, to know more about iOS 5 and how to Install it click here.
How To Jailbreak Your iOS 5 Final Version iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad And iPod Touch :
Step 3: Click on the Jailbreak option.
Step 4 : Click on Install Cydia and follow the on-screen instructions to boot into the DFU mode. By doing this the RedsnOw will now apply Geohot’s limera1n exploit to tether-jailbreak to you iOS 5 GM device.
There would be no need to select the IPSW files manually. the latest RedsnOw 0.9.9b5 will automatically choose and download the files from the Apple Server’s. This is really great considering how convenient the entire process becomes.
Thats it you can now explore the Extras option which also has the Just Boot option. Now whenever you want to boot into the jailbreak stage just click in Extras and Just Boot by keeping your device connected to the PC or Mac.
Jailbreak is however not authorized by Apple and hence by doing this you can void the warranty of your device. However you can restore your device using iTunes and you can revert back easily to any version recognized by Apple. The possibilities becomes enormous once you Jailbreak your device as Cydia is the home of all good things.
The Untethered Jailbreak is not available yet but we will cover it and make a detailed Tutorial for you as soon as it gets released.
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5 GM On iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad And iPod Touch Using RedsnOw 0.9.9
- Download Final Version of iOS 5 For iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2, 1, iPod touch [Direct Download Links]
- Download The Latest RedsnOw 0.9.9b3 To Jailbreak iOS 5 GM
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5 On iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch With Redsn0w 0.9.8 [Tutorial]
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 6 Using RedsnOw For Your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad & iPod Touch