Windows 7 start menu is one of my favorite changes in Windows after Windows XP. The search option, programs option, shut down option and many more features were there in Windows 7 start menu. But unfortunately in Windows 8 Developers Preview the start menu has Metro UI which eliminates the experience of windows 7 start menu. Though the start menu in windows 8 has its own advantages but still the windows 7 menu is missing. To shut down or log off you have to some stuff. I have been using Windows 8 DP since it was launched and I really felt the absence of the start menu of windows 7.
But now, finally I got one registry tweak which will bring back the start menu which we all loved. Just follow the steps below to get the Windows 7 start menu in Windows 8 Developers preview.
1. Start Windows 8 and Open run box with shortcut (Win + R)
2. Now type regedit and hit enter to open registry editor window.
3. Now go to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorer
4. Double click on the key RPEnabled to edit it and set its value from 1 to 0. And click OK.
5. That’s it. Exit the registry and restart your Windows and you will get to see the Windows 7 start menu in Windows 8.