Google has been rolling out updates for the Nexus smartphones since few days. Now Google has released Android 2.3.6 Build GRK39F for the Google experience smartphone Nexus S. In this tutorial we will show you a step by step guide on how to Download and Install this update on your Nexus S.
If we talk about new features being available in this new update than according to reports this update fixes the tethering issue which many users had on their Nexus S units with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Build: GRK39C. Although there hasnt been any official update about the new Build from Google yet.
There are two methods by which users can update their device to this new build:
- Either users can wait for the OTA update which will be pushed by Google and do it automatically.
- Users who cant wait can Download ans Install this update manually.
How To Update Nexus S To Android 2.3.6 Build GRK39F :
Step 1: Download Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread (GRK39F) update for your Nexus S.
Step 2 : Rename the file you have download as Update.zip. Do make sure that the file isnt renamed as update.zip.zip as this will cause the update to fail. You can check this by going to Properties > Details > Name after right click on the downloaded file.
Step 3: Now connect your device to computer using your USB cable and transfer the update file to the root/parent directory of your phone.
Step 4: Switch off your Nexus S.
Step 5 : Press and hold Power + Volume Down until you get to the bootloader and than go to the Recovery Mode.
Step 6 : Now select apply sdcard update.zip
Step 7 : Wait for the download to install and than reboot your Nexus S.
Thats it !! If you have completed all the above steps you have successfully updated your Nexus S to Android 2.3.6 so sit back and enjoy this latest update.
Note : Geekprison.com will not be responsible for any loss of data or any other malfunctiuon occuring during the update process. Proceed at your own risk.
- How To Download And Install Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread GRK39F On Nexus One
- How to Update Google Nexus One to Android 2.3.6
- Google Releasing Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread update for Nexus S
- How To Download And Install Android 3.2 Honeycomb On HTC Flyer.
- How To Install Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread On Samsung Galaxy S II