Often we come across alot of important and interesting web pages which we would like to get a hard copy of for future references. Printing web pages can be a task as they are not designed to for the conventional A4 size paper. However printing web pages is not always recommended but in some circumstances you can easily simplify the process by using this simple Google Chrome Extension called Print Plus.
A web page which normally fits your screen may need atleast 3 pages to be printed completely and also it includes some cryptic URL’s and codes which are undesirable. You can select the desired section of the web-page you want to print and exclude everything else. Hence it maximizes the efficiency of your printer too.
To use this extension all you have to do :
1. Install Print Plus Extension for Google Chrome only. Other internet browsers are currently not supported.
2. You will observe a Printer Icon on the address bar just beside the Address Bar to the left of the URL. Click on it to activate the plugin.
3. The extension will now recognize different sections of your Web Page. It will be having an orange outline. The different sections will activate on moving your mouse over them.
4. Once you have selected an area it will get highlighted and you can go on selecting various sections which you want to print. Incase you want to remove a section you have selected you can click on the small gray cross icon situated at the top right corner of the selected box.
5. Once you are done with the selection you can now click on the Print option placed below the address bar. This will trigger the print command.
This plugin is easy to install and it only accesses your :
- Browsing History.
- Your Bookmarks.
- Your data in all websites.
This extension even works fine in Gmail and you can now print important sections of a webpage avoiding all the ads and tools. Very handy if you want to maximize the full efficiency of your Printing Device.