Confirming the post that we made earlier Google has started releasing Android 2.3.6 update for the Google nexus one phone. This android 2.3.6 update will update your phone to Android 2.3.6 GRK39F. But the requisite is you need to be on android 2.3.4 GRJ22 to receive this update.
Still now Google has not released the official change log, but one thing is sure that this Android 2.3.6 update fixes important bug and provides security patches
Most of people must have got their update through OTA, if you one of those who did not receive this update and dying to get one, then we have surprise for you. Here the direct download link to update file
After downloading the file, you can update Google nexus one to android 2.3.6 using the instruction given below.
- First rename the download file from above link to update.zip
- Copy the file to your SD memory Card root folder
- Then simple power off your Google nexus one
- Finally reboot your phone using the power button and volume down button
- This will boot you into the bootloader mode of the phone
- So select bootloader option if you see it
- Then select recovery option, this will reboot your phone into the recovery mode but it will first a yellow triangle with an Exclamation mark. Here again press the Power and volume up button once until you see a recovery screen
- Now select the apply Sdcard update.zip, to start the update process.
- After the process is completed reboot the phone, and finally you are here done with the updating of google nexus one to android 2.3.6