Windows 8, the latest flagship OS from Microsoft has been designed as a versatile software which works efficiently on the Tablet platform as well. Microsoft also provides its users the options to Synchronize User Settings between Windows 8 PC and Tablet using their Windows Live ID (email address). You can easily transfer all your customization to your Tablet device. Considering the number of device we use for our specific requirements it is highly recommended to use this service so that you do not have to customize each and every device separately according to your wish.
The Synchronization in Windows 8 is done using your Windows Live ID. Each time you Install a fresh copy of Windows 8 you will be asked to provide your Windows Live ID and use this ID as the user or you can also create a local ID for the machine. Now whenever you enter the same Windows Live ID to any other device you can easily sync all the settings from the cloud.
Now suppose you have a Windows PC or Tablet using your Windows Live ID and you want to transfer all your User Settings to any other device just follow these steps :
1. From the Start screen go to Control Panel.
2. Select Users from the left section and click on Add Users.
3. Now in this step you will have to provide your Windows 8 live ID with the password. This will connect your device to the Windows Live ID and you can now access your User Settings from the Cloud.
4. Once your computer is connected to your Windows Live ID it can now access User Settings and Data so now in the Control Panel you will see an additional option Sync PC Settings.
5. In the Sync PC Settings option you can customize what all settings and data you want to Sync with your Windows Live ID. Select all the options which you want to Sync, rest you can leave off. Some settings that you can sync are Windows colors, wallpapers, lock screen and themes to more advanced data like your Ease of Access settings, language preferences, web browser history, bookmarks and favorites, Taskbar, Windows Explorer and search preferences, Homegroup and mouse settings, account picture, your saved passwords for certain apps, websites and networks, and even certain settings of your apps.
If you are using a Windows 8 Tablet with data metered plan, high roaming charges or limited data plan you can also select to Metered Data Plans where you can customize when to connect to internet and look for settings.
We recommend all our users to use this Sync feature using their Windows Live ID as it provides an easy solution between multiple devices and that too with ease.